Thursday, March 23, 2017

Divine encounters in everyday places

Debrecen train station waiting area

Monday I took a trip to Budapest that I had considered "unplanned." As it turned out, it had apparently not been unplanned on God's part!  Throughout the day I had encounter after encounter with ladies who were either needing some help or just looking for a friendly person to chat with.

The most in-depth conversation I had was with a very sweet lady, "I," who had the seat across from me on the train.  She told me later that she didn't normally talk with people on public transportation, but in spite of that we immediately struck up a conversation that lasted the several hours it took to reach the capital city.  We talked about music, pets, family, and life--the good times and the bad.  When I brought the Lord into the conversation she didn't shut me down, but she also didn't show herself to be a person with a real relationship with God.

Pray for "I" and others like her who surround us in the everyday moments of life.  Ask the Lord to help us see these people with His eyes; ask Him to prompt us to give them a smile and start a conversation, to share the Hope we have in Christ. Pray that "I" and I will be able to deepen our friendship, and that soon she will come to know Jesus as her best friend and Savior of her soul.


No comments: