Monday, March 12, 2007

Hello, world!   

I thought I'd get radical today and actually post something....I've been anonymous for long enough.  By the way, I'm the one on the left in the profile photo.  The handsome guy on the right has nothing to do with this (yet?) so you can't blame him for anything that's said. 



OK, so speaking of anonymous, did you know that Anonymus was a scribe who wrote the first history book about the ancient Hungarians?  ( http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gesta_Hungarorum.)  We have visited this rather eery statue many times in Budapest at the Vajdahunyad Castle. Superstition says that if you rub his pen you will become a great writer....notice how shiny it is in the picture from all those who have tried!    Yep, I rubbed it, too.  So far it's not working, but maybe it'll be a delayed reaction. 



6 comments:

scowden said...

Oooh, oooh! I knew that! And I've rubbed the pen, even sat in his lap.

flatchewlance said...

hey! good to hear from you guys! as you know, we'll be coming up to your area next friday evening around 7 or 8 (depending on how tired people are from six flags and then cleaning our mission accommodations). i thought it would be fun to eat dinner with you guys - but that is totally up to you (we'll probably have plenty of leftovers to bring with us - so that is always an option) There are going to be 10 of us total . . . and we're real excited to be given the opportunity to come and serve there in Arlington and also getting to hangout with the Miller family! :) Breakfast isn't a big deal either, unless you were really wanting to - cereal is what we'll be having during the week.Thank you so much for opening your home to all of us crazy college kids (and a couple just plain crazy). I look forward to seeing you in a little over a week!

debinfrance said...

i found your post through the blogring.  will enjoy reading about your work in hungary; we are in france!  God bless you!

gcmiller2hu said...

Thanks for stopping by our site, debinfrance. Several years ago we made a family trip to Paris and enjoyed it very much; we stayed at a campground on the edge of the city and came in on the bus every day to see the sights...it was a great experience for us as a family. I'll be interested to read about you all, too, as I have time. May God bless you and your work!

Anonymous said...

Hehe. I found you. :) Your picture makes me laugh. Y'all are so cute.
You need to come look at the pictures on my site!
That's all I have to say for now. Love you bunches.
Hannah

MamaMentor said...

Um . . if you have been right here in Texas why haven't you given us a call?  Huh?